7.12.2010

Ready for the rumble, but where is the tumble?

July announcements!-

I've been employed by Nordstrom Rack for a year. This is only notably because the only job I've kept for longer than a year was Whole Foods Market, taking the crown at 15 months. I've been known to quit jobs after a year... we'll see where this goes. Honestly, I think this job will be getting me through the next two years I'm in Fresno. Ahh, commitments. My mature mind is still.

I've been blogging for two years! This excites me because my blog is hardly used for daily updates. I'm proud that I've been able to continue to be an effective writer, to practice my prose, and polish my skill. There are so many pieces I'm proud of that have been tucked away in this archive. Two years itself seems like a long time, but it feels like just yesterday I started up this thing in the San Jose sun. Oh, the places you'll go. (A huge thank you to my readers and followers, even if we're lost in communication. And a huge thank you for those in my life who continue to inspire my narratives and push me to further develop my skills as a writer.)

I ventured out to Phoenix this past weekend. That was my first visit since having ran out the door over a year ago. Ahh, it's still as beautiful as I remember it. California, I love you. But it's Arizona that continues to inspire me. (It was extremely humid for West-side standards; thank goodness I left before the heat came. I love the heat but it definitely was a little much.)

My best friend may be moving in with me. EEEKK! Finally, a roommate. Finally, my best friend and I simultaneously single. Finally, the life we've always dreamed of at 23! If I close my eyes and think back to New Years Eve 2010, I'd have no idea that just 7 months later my life would be taking the course that it is beginning to. I'm almost nervous to see where New Years Eve 2011 will take me. Cheers to the unknown!

Cheers to a rumble in the water! Cheers to change! And cheers to LASIK eye surgery for completely changing my life! (No, seriously... those of you with poor vision can understand my excitement. What an awesome little invention by man.)


No comments: