6.05.2012

and these journeys will begin where those ones end.

Somehow I'm stuck listening to old John Hiatt's 1987 hit "Have A Little Faith in Me". I stare at my bookshelf, where Plath, Carver, and Hammett have silently skimmed the lines of dust, their voices long silenced in my own eluded fantasy. Advertisements for Virgin Airlines muddle my web pages: I long for those black lights to shroud my skin- chh chhhh breaak doo dooo- "Pardon the interruption"- your 1 hour and 10 minute flight will depart reality now and land in insanity later. Or vice versa, I forget which.

They say, "You will meet some like you, and some not like you. Some will be better, and some will be worse. But I promise you now, every one will teach you something different about yourself." Inhale, exhale, follow the rhythm of your breath, and listen to my words  

I
am 

student 
before 
I
am

teacher.

No comments: